Who Can Apply For A Health Card
- UAE citizens
- GCC citizens
- People of Determination
- The wife of a citizen must be sponsored by him and registered in his Family Book.
- a health card cannot be issued even if the woman is sponsored for residence by her sons who are citizens in case of the husband’s demise or divorce
Documents Required For The Health Card
- Passport-sized photograph with white background
- Emirates ID or ID application form (Copy)
- Residence Proof (lease contract, property ownership contract or electricity bill)
- Birth Certificate (for kids)
- Marriage Certificate (for sponsored spouses)
Some other specific documents are required from certain groups of applicants.
- A copy of their Family Book for the UAE citizens
- A copy of their valid residency visa for the expatriates.
- Diplomats require:
- Diplomatic passport (Copy)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs-issued yellow card (Copy)
- Written proof from the respective embassy/consulate of diplomatic appointment
Procedure To Apply For Health Card In Sharjah
- Register yourself for the UAE PASS if not registered
- Login to the e-services portal
- Choose the form type
- Enter the required information in the required fields
- Make the payment of Sharjah health card fees
- The application review will be done at one of the MoHAP service centres in Sharjah
- You will be notified about it via an SMS if the application has been approved and then you can enjoy the health card’s benefits in Sharjah
You will have the option to modify it and re-submit for approval if the application has been rejected.
- An actual health card is not issued in Sharjah. It is linked to and one of the most important uses of the Emirates ID.
- The validity of your health card must match the validity of your Emirates ID.
- The validity of a health card is in the emirate of your residence.
- One card is issued per person.
Health Card Fees
The health card registration fees in Sharjah vary for citizens, expats and age groups.
- Expats AED 500.
Citizens of the UAE and GCC countries and all diplomats should follow the structure mentioned below.
- Age 0 to 10: AED 25
- Age 11 to 18: AED 50
- Age 18+: AED 100
Health card registration payment can be done using an e-Dirham, Visa, Mastercard or any other mode of payment. additional charges and bank service fees might be applied.