The document that confirms your social insurance status and which is also used for different government services as employment proof in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the General Organization for Social Insurance or GOSI certificate which also includes the history of your employment. The calculation of the “GOSI certificate” is based on different formulas on the basis of your passport and nationality but generally, it is based on your basic earning and housing allowance. There are different types of GOSI certificates for Saudi Nationals, Nationals of GCC, and Non-Saudi Nationals. The purpose of all GOSI certificates is almost the same and there isn’t much difference.
Procedure to Get GOSI Certificate Online:
You must know about your contributor ID to get a GOSI certificate. If you do not know about your contributor ID you can get detail about this directly by calling GOSI on their toll-free number which is 8001243344. Give them your ID number or any other information they ask (Iqama number) and you will be confirmed about your contributor ID.
- Open the GOSI official website
- To change the language click on English from the top left side of the website.
- Then click on Register in GOSI if you are not already registered.
- On the next page, click on the Contributor option.
- Fill the application and submit to get confirmation about your registration via SMS.
- log In to the GOSI website.
- After logging in, you will see various options.
- Click on the “Generate Certificates” option.
- You will be given the option to print and save.
- If you want a hardcopy of the GOSI certificate click on print.
The GOSI certificate that has been downloaded and printed electronically through the official website of GOSI does not require you to get stamped further but you can ask your employer to stamp if it is still required.