Insurance is a contract that is represented by a policy from which an individual or an entity receives financial protection or reimbursement against losses from an insurance company for which the individual or entity will pay a premium. It is a legal requirement in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to have an insurance policy for all vehicles. The documents of the insurance state that in 12 cases, the insurance company may refuse to component the person responsible or the driver responsible for the traffic accident or the person being insured in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Cases Where Insurance Companies Can Refuse To Pay
- If found evidence of incorrect information.
- If important information has not been provided in the insurance form.
- Intentionally causing a traffic accident.
- Driving in wrong or opposite direction.
- Under the influence of drugs.
- If driving proof is found of a person under 18 years of age, the person of age under 18 has himself not purchased the insurance policy.
- If the driving license has expired at the time of the accident.
- If more than the prescribed number of passengers were present at the time of the accident.
- The restriction in the documents of insurance is that the policyholder must be notified by the insurance company of the decision within 20 days of receipt of the application.
- The option to refuse compensation is given to the insurance company within a maximum for one year from the date of settlement with the policyholder.
- If the policyholder fails to notify the insurance company about the fundamental change in the position specified in the insurance form within 20 days.
- On finding evidence of vehicle theft or snatching, provided that no theft or snatching report has been reported.