- Two recent passport size photos
- Original Qatari Identity Card and its copy.
Note: To renew the Qatari ID, you should bring your current Qatari ID card. Two personal photos should be submitted for applicants above 65 years old.
Procedure To Apply Online
- The first step is to log in to the online e-service portal of the Ministry of Interior (MOI) with your smartcard by clicking on the MOI Services tab and by selecting the E-services option.
- You have to register to the e-portal for the services using the smart card if you do not have an account with the MOI e-portal.
- After logging in, On the dashboard click on “Qatari Citizen Services” and then click on the “Qatari Documents” link.
- In the next step, choose that you are making an application for the renewal of an Identity Card.
- Then, enter all the information required in the online application form and upload the required documents.
- Select the preferred delivery option for the delivery of the renewed identity card. You can collect the card from the NTDD offices for free, or you can collect it from a post office or have the card delivered by paying the fee.
- Enter your mobile number to receive SMS notification when the card is ready.
- Review the information you provided so that the information you provided is okay.
- If everything is okay you can go on to pay the required fees for the renewal of the identity card. You will move to the “Payment Details” page by clicking on the “Next”, then click on “Pay” to make the payment.
- Make the Payment using a debit or credit card and then submit your application.
- Once the processing of your application is complete, you will be notified.
- The duration of the process is three to five days for the renewal of the ID card and the card to be ready.