Transfer of ownership is a must in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. A fine of SAR 100 to SAR 300 will be imposed if caught driving a vehicle without transfer of ownership. The vehicle transfer in the future can be done online through Absher. The aim of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is to make the country a tourist hub by 2030. The revolution of digitalization has been done for the Saudi Vision 2030. Absher is an online portal through which citizens and residents can benefit from the online services. The services available in the Absher are applying for visas, driving license, iqama, checking huroob status, driving license validity, visas validity, renewal of visas, iqama, changing kafeel name, profession, and much more services. One of the services in the Absher is to transfer the ownership of the car through Absher. Both the buyer and seller will have to be physically present in the muroor office for the transfer of ownership. The cost of transfer of ownership of a vehicle is SAR 400 and the third party insurance will cost SAR 750. Here is the procedure through which you can transfer the ownership of the car through Absher.
- Fahas (MVPI) Pass Report
- Buyer’s Iqama (Valid)
- Seller’s Iqama (Valid)
- Driving License Of Buyer
- Buyer’s Insurance
Procedure To Transfer Ownership Of Vehicle
- Transaction Should Be Done (Car Should Be Bought By The Buyer).
- Go To The Muroor Office.
- Provide Them With The Required Documents.
- Documents Will Be Verified.
- SMS Will Be Sent To Both Buyer And Seller Regarding The Transfer.
- Detail Print Of Vehicle’s Registration Number Will Be Given To The Buyer.
- After Few Days Go To The Muroor Office To Get The Istimara Or Vehicle Registration Card.
Note: The transfer of ownership of a vehicle can be done only when the fines and penalties will be cleared if there are any.