The Mabrouk Ma Yak service is used by Emirati citizens to apply for a birth certificate for their newborns. Emirati parents can also use the integrated e-Service to get the following documents for their newborn:
- Birth Certificate
- Emirates ID card
- Thiqa or Insurance
In addition, the name of the newborn or applicant will be registered in the country’s population register.
Requirements For The Mabrouk Ma Yak Service
The application for the service must be done within three months of the baby being born by the father of the newborn. Furthermore:
- Newborn’s father should be a UAE National
- The wife of the newborn’s father should be added in the family book
- Newborn’s father must have a verified UAE Pass account
Apart from the above mention conditions, the birth of the baby must be in the hospitals that are authorized to provide the Mabrouk Ma Yak service and the following documents must be provided:
- Family book
- Emirates ID of both parents (Valid)
- Marriage Certificate (if the child is the firstborn of the woman)
How To Use The Mabrouk Ma Yak Service
The parents who wish to use the Mabrouk Ma Yak service to get the identification documents for newborns, Emiratis should first notify them about their intent to do so to the hospital. After that, the following steps will need to be followed:
- SMS will be received with a link to complete the process online.
- Log into the Mabrouk Ma Yak online portal
- Upload the newborns’s picture and fill in the name.
- Make the payment online.
After completing the final step, an SMS will be received by the parents asking them to visit the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA). The original family book will be required to be produced during the visit after which the necessary documents of the newborn child will be received by the parents.