The Emirates ID renewal method in city differs between UAE citizens and expatriates. For expats, the primary step to renewing an Emirates ID is renewing their UAE residency visa as a result of that two are linked to each other. Emirates ID can be renewed if the expat has a valid residence visa. Emirates ID renewal method for UAE citizens is fairly simple and given below. In each cases, here are the steps that require to be followed to renew the Emirates ID.
Procedure to Renew the Emirates ID in Dubai
STEP 1: ONLINE REGISTER AND SUBMIT THE EMIRATES ID RENEWAL FORM
To start the Emirates ID renewal method, the primary step is to collect all the specified documents (listed below) and head to any of the three service centres. The renewal of the Emirates ID is not possible currently. Only the initiation of renewal process is done online
- Dubai Customer Happiness Centers
- Service Centres or Smart Service/Mobile application of Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship (FAIC)
- Typing Centers in Dubai
These channels facilitate the complete Emirates ID renewal method for candidates. Once you’re at the centres, the representatives there’ll assist you to fill the Emirates ID renewal type, and add your personal details.
STEP 2: PAY THE FEES
Once the forms are filled out and also the documents are submitted, ensuing steps are going to be to pay the Emirates ID renewal fees. The Emirates ID renewal price depends on the validity of the Emirates ID moreover because the centre wherever you’re finishing the method.
Emirates ID Renewal Fees for Expats: AED 170 (validity 1yr), AED 270 (validity 2yrs), AED 370 (validity 3yrs)
UAE Citizens: AED 170 (validity 5yrs), AED 270 (validity 10yrs)
GCC National: AED 170 (validity 5yrs)
FAIC Website/Smart App:
Expats: AED 140(validity 1yr), AED 240 (validity 2yrs), AED 340 (validity 3yrs)
UAE Citizens: AED 290 (validity 5yrs), AED 390 (validity 10yrs)
GCC National: AED 290 (validity 5yrs)
Customer Happiness Centers
Expat/Resident: AED 290 (validity 1yr), AED 390 (validity 2yrs) AED 490 (validity 3yrs)
UAE Citizen: AED 290 (validity 5yrs), AED 390 (validity 10yrs)
GCC AED 290 (validity 5yrs)
STEP 3: CONFIRM YOUR BIOMETRICS
Following the payment, candidates will receive SMS informing them of the applying status. In some cases, candidates higher than the age of fifteen years may have to possess their biometrics taken. This could be done by visiting approved medicine centres to possess their pictures and fingerprints taken.
STEP 4: COLLECT THE RENEWED EMIRATES ID
The final step for renewing your Emirates ID is to take it. Candidates will receive SMS from Empost informing them the ID card is prepared for assortment from a post office of their selecting.
And that’s all you want to do to renew the Emirates ID. whereas it appears fairly easy, it’s necessary to possess all the documents prepared at hand once reaching to renew the UAE ID card. We’ve created a listing of needed documents to assist you get your things so as.
The Emirates ID renewal process time will depend upon various things.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR RENEWING EMIRATES ID
the Emirates ID renewal process require different documents for UAE citizens, GCC Nationals and expatriates..
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED EMIRATES ID RENEWAL FOR EXPATS
- Original passport
- Original entry permit or valid residency visa
- Residency visa under renewal is applicable
- Emirates ID card (Old)
- For newborns or those under the age of 15: Original birth certificate or father’s passport or Emirates ID, Personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with white background, Passport and visa of the sponsor of the applicant (only for newborns)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR UAE CITIZENS
- Original Family Book (in case of newborn, make sure the child is added to the family book) (Only required when applying through a typing centre)
- Original passport
- For newborns or those under the age of 15: Original birth certificate or father’s passport or Emirates ID, Personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with white background. ID Number Population Register (only for newborn)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR GCC NATIONALS
- Original passport
- Original Valid GCC ID Card
- Proof of residency in the UAE (such as valid trade license, certificate for proof that applicant is studying in the UAE, employment certificate or attested employment agreement) (For children, the relevant documents for the parent of the applicant can be used)
- For newborns or those under the age of 15: Original birth certificate or father’s passport or Emirates ID, Personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with white background.