Birth Certificate is a very important and official document which will be asked to be shown at many places for visa, schooling, job, etc. Birth Certificate given by the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an authentic document. The birth certificate is required to have an Iqama (Residence Permit of Saudi Arabia). It is quite important to get a birth certificate for a child. If the child has not been born yet it is preferable to book an appointment with Ahwal E Madani (Civil Affairs Department) online as the slots available will be 3-4 weeks later from the day you book. If the registration is being done late there will be a fine. It is better to get it done early.
To apply for the birth certificate, a birth report is necessary as it contains details of the child. You will get the birth report form the hospital. You have to fill a form and then the hospital will provide you with a document which will be the birth report.
- Father’s Original Passport and Photocopy
- Mother’s original Passport and Photocopy
- Original Birth Report from Ministry of Health from The Hospital With Name and Parents Details
Procedure To Get Online Appointment
- Login to Your Absher Account at The Ministry of Interior’s Website.
- Select eServices
- Click on Civil Affairs
- Click on Book an Appointment
- Enter the Required Details
- Select a Slot
- PrintOut The Confirm Appointment
Procedure To Get Birth Certificate
- Download and Fill The Form 88 in Arabic Language.
- Go To The Department of Civil Affairs Building.
- Get The Police Verification of Documents Done.
- A Number Will Be Given Which Should Be Attached in Documents.
- Proceed to The Spot They Will Direct You.
- Submit The Documents.
- They Will Tell When The Certificate Will be Given.
Note: Provisional Birth Certificate will be provided which will be valid for one year. The original birth certificate will be issued after a year.