- Eligibility can be checked online by visiting the Ministry of Interior’s (MOI) website.
- Click on the MOI Services tab on the dashboard
- Then Navigate to the Inquires section and click on it.
- On the next page click on the Residency Permits Inquiry.
- Click on the Permanent Residency Eligibility Inquiry icon.
- Fill in the required information:-
- QID Number ( 11 digits)
- Residency Expiry Date
- Enter the Captcha.
- Confirm that the provided information is correct, then click on the Submit button.
- This will show the eligibility criteria details.
- The process is immediate and free of cost.
- If you are eligible, the application can be submitted through the Electronic Services Portal of the Ministry of Interior’s website.
Application For Permanent Residency
- A smart card should be owned to use the service.
- (This service can be obtained after all requirements and steps of granting permanent residency are completed.)
- MOI e-portal registration is required for using the smart card.
- Log in with your smart card to the e-services portal of the Ministry of Interior (MOI).
- After logging in, click on the Residency Services Menu on the dashboard,
- Then click on the Permanent Residency.
- Choose New Request Option and select Required Category Option from the list to have the list of candidates and the status of each (qualified or not) displayed.
- From the list of qualified candidates choose the persons to whom new applications are to be submitted, then click Next.
- Wait for the communication from MOI at this point. You will be contacted via SMS and asked to submit the documents if you meet the requirements. You will have to pay a fee of QAR 3,000
Payment For The Application
- Log into the e-services portal of the MOI.
- Then go to the fee payment page and click on Fee Payment Option.
- Make the payment using a credit or debit card.
- A message will be displayed on successful transaction and the receipt will be available for printing or download.
- Then click Attaching Documents which you can do after the payment.
- Attach the required documents to the competent committee, then submit your application.
- Select the second option Attach Documents To upload the required documents.
- Select the third option Follow up Applications to follow up on your applications.
- Then click on submit.
Processing and Approval
- The Ministry of Interior will do the processing of the application.
- The Committee of granting permanent Residency Permit will go through the application and give its recommendation to the Minister of Interior who will make the decision about the application.
- The Minister will Permanent Residency Permit ID if the recommendation favors approval.
Issuance of Permanent Residence Permit (PRP)
- The MOI officials will contact the approved permanent residency applicant to complete the procedure and to obtain the card from the nearest MOI service center.
- A final fee of QAR3,000 is required to be paid by the applicant.
Note: The PRP and withdraw ID from the holder can be canceled by the Ministry of Interior if he failed in meeting the terms and conditions stipulated in Article No. 1 of clauses No. 3 for Law No. 10 of 2018 on Permanent Residency or in Public Interest
- Resident’s Passport
- Resident’s Photo
- Resident Permit Copy
- Sponsors Valid ID Copy
- Establishment Valid ID Copy
- Employment ID Card