Travelling is an essential part of life for people and especially people who work. United Arab Emirates (UAE) has strict rules and regulations, especially for driving. People who use cars know how crucial it is to have a valid driving licence. Residents or citizens of age below 21 are given a probationary driving licence which should be renewed every year. Residents or citizens of age above 21 will have a driving licence which should be renewed every 10 years for citizens and GCC members and 5 years for residents. The cost of renewal of the driving licence vary. People of age below 21 have to pay AED 100 with AED 20 as knowledge and innovation fee and for the people of age above 21 will have to pay AED 300 with AED 20 as knowledge and innovation fee. The fine for the delay of renewal for up to 10 years is AED 10 per month and the maximum delay can be up to AED 500. If the renewal is not done for more than 10 years the person will have to give a driving test. Here are the step by step guide for the online renewal of driving license.
How to Renew Dubai Driving License Online
- Original Emirates ID for all applicants.
- Eye testing is mandatory according to the RTA guidelines for applicants older than 21 years old.
- Visit the RTA official website.
- Go to The Driver and Car Owner Services tab.
- Click on the Driving Licence Services tab.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay all the fees or fines if applicable.
- A temporary driving licence will be given online that you can print for use until the original licence is ready.
- The validity of the temporary licence is 5 to 15 working days.
- Go to Happiness Centres at Al Barsha or Deira and get your driver’s licence.
- The new licence can be delivered at home by paying AED 25 in additional shipping charges.
Through Dubai Driving App
The government has also provided a convenient way to renew the driving licence through Dubai Driving App. It is available on Ios and Android.
Through RTA Call Centre
- Call the RTA call centre on 8009090.
- Provide the agent with your current driving licence number.
- Pay the fees and clear fines via credit card or online banking.
- You will be sent a temporary licence through the mail.
- Go to Happiness Centres at Al Barsha or Deira and Receive your driver’s licence.
- You can get your licence delivered at home by paying an additional AED 25.